• All sports and clubs info available via Edline in the calendar section

• 2018 yearbooks on sale for $110 (cash or check to room 4203)

LiAngelo Ball takes a fall

UCLA Men’s Basketball student-athlete LiAngelo Ball during a press conference at UCLA, Wednesday, November 15, 2017. The press conference was held to address Cody Riley, LiAngelo Ball, and Jalen Hill recent arrest and detention in China for shoplifting.  (Photo by Hans Gutknecht, Los Angeles Daily News/SCNG)

UCLA Men’s Basketball student-athlete LiAngelo Ball during a press conference at UCLA, Wednesday, November 15, 2017. The press conference was held to address Cody Riley, LiAngelo Ball, and Jalen Hill recent arrest and detention in China for shoplifting. (Photo by Hans Gutknecht, Los Angeles Daily News/SCNG)

Hans Gutknecht/Southern Californ

Hans Gutknecht/Southern Californ

LiAngelo Ball, along with his UCLA Bruins basketball teammates Cody Riley and Jalen Hill, got arrested for shoplifting a pair of Louis Vuitton sunglasses in China on Dec. 7. With the help of President Donald Trump, they were eventually released and ordered to return immediately to the United States.

“We are aware of a situation involving UCLA student-athletes in Hangzhou, China,” said a spokesperson for UCLA in a public statement about the incident. “The University is cooperating fully with local authorities on this matter, and we have no further comment at this time.”

Coach Steve Alford stayed in the hotel until the three players were released from custody. He then announced they would not participate in Friday’s game.

Trump negotiated a deal with China’s President Xi to keep the three players from an extended stay in a Chinese prison.

“Shoplifting is a very big deal in China, as it should be (5-10 years in jail),” Trump said.

When the three players returned to the U.S., UCLA decided they would suspend the three players indefinitely. Along with the suspension, the players are also facing house arrest.

Ball’s father, Lavar Ball, withdrew his son from UCLA and plans to send him and his little brother overseas to play professionally for a team in Lithuania.