Winter Spirit Week

Jupiter+War+Cry+staff+shows+off+their+festive+holiday+sweaters.+

Juliette Day

Jupiter War Cry staff shows off their festive holiday sweaters.

Annually, Warriors show their winter spirit by dressing festively the week of Dec. 11-15, right before midterm exams.

This year’s dress-up days included Disney vs. Nickelodeon day on Monday, nine-hour flashback day on Tuesday (otherwise known as pajama day), flashback music day on Wednesday, ugly sweater day on Thursday, and decades’ day on Friday.

“Seeing the wacky costumes my classmates come up with is hilarious and a blast before the stress of finals,” said junior Rachel Casper.

Fellow junior Rachel Fedor agreed. “I love going all out for dress-up days and showing school spirit. You only have a couple chances to look like a complete idiot in front of these people; why not take it?” she said.

Additionally, holiday music was played over the PA system during the transition between classes Dec. 11 and 14. On Dec. 12, before school, hot chocolate was served for free, and the drumline preformed throughout the morning. On Dec. 13, there was a throwback Wheel of Fortune game with music trivia and prizes during lunch. On Friday, Dec. 15, the dance team performed at lunch. Principal Dr. Colleen Iannitti performed with them, complete with a cartwheel to finish off the routine.

Although Spirit Week was a fun way to celebrate before exams, some students were disappointed the winter pep rally was cancelled. Administration felt the loss of instructional time would hurt students prior to midterm exams.

“The winter pep rally shouldn’t be canceled; the students deserve it…it’s a great time to experience there is more to high school than AICE and AP exams,” said Fedor.