• Jupiter baseball headed to the state championship in Ft. Myers June 1

• Tropical disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico has a 90% chance of development

• Final exams begin Tuesday, May 29

• All sports and clubs info available via Edline in the calendar section

• 2018 yearbooks on sale for $110 (cash or check to room 4203)

Powerful accusations against powerful men

Today Show

Today Show

After the first accusation of sexual misconduct against Harvey Weinstein, a major Hollywood producer, in Oct. women (and men) have been coming forward with accusations against multiple powerful men, including Kevin Spacey, Louis C.K, Charlie Rose, Al Franken, Roy Moore and most recently Matt Lauer.

Matt Lauer

Today Show Anchor

On Nov. 29, NBC announced the firing of long-time anchor Matt Lauer following sexual harassment accusations. The most serious of accusations include a former NBC employee who was allegedly sexually assaulted by Lauer in his office in 2001.

Louis C.K

Actor and Comedian

Five women have come forward against Louis C.K in a recent New York Times article, including comedy duo Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov. Goodman and Wolov claim that C.K invited them to his hotel room and undressed and began masturbating in 2002. Three other women have filed separate allegations.

Kevin Spacey

Actor

During an interview with BuzzFeed News, actor Anthony Rapp came forward claiming that Spacey made sexual advances on him in 1986 when he was 14 years old. Spacey then tweeted saying he does not remember the event and offered an apology “for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior.” Then on Oct. 31, film maker Tony Montana claimed that Spacey forcefully groped him in 2003. On Nov. 1, two men came forward one claiming that he woke up with Spacey on top of him in the 1980’s. The other said Spacey exposed himself and then invited him to Spacey’s apartment in 2010. According to the Sun, another man came forward stating he woke to Spacey “performing a sex act on him” in 2008. On Nov. 4, Harry Dreyfuss came forward in a BuzzFeed article saying that Spacey “groped him in his father’s presence;” however, Richard Dreyfuss did not see it. Spacey has denied these accusations. Nov. 5, barman Kris Nixon came forward accusing Spacey of groping him at a party. Spacey was then fired from Netflix’s show House of Cards and his latest film Gore will not be released.

Charlie Rose

Television host on the Charlie Rose show, co-host on CBS This Morning and contributor to 60 minutes

Eight women have come forward against Rose claiming he “made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls, walking around naked in their presence, or groping their breasts, buttocks or genital areas,” according to the Washington Post. The accusations range from the 1990’s to 2011, and the women’s ages at the time ranged from 21 to 37. One of the women, Reah Bravo claimed Rose made unwanted sexual advances while working as an intern.

“It has taken 10 years and a fierce moment of cultural reckoning for me to understand these moments for what they were,” she told the Washington Post. “He was a sexual predator, and I was his victim.”

Assistant Kyle Godfrey-Ryan claimed to have seen Rose walk around nude in front of her many times and to have received multiple calls from Rose of him describing his “fantasies” of her in the 2000’s.

“It feels branded into me, the details of it,” Godfrey-Ryan told the Washington Post. According to the Washington Post, Godfrey-Ryan tried to tell executive producer Yvette Vega, who she said responded, “That’s just Charlie being Charlie.”

Al Franken

Minnesota’s Former junior Democratic Senator

The allegations against Franken started on Nov. 16 when radio host Leeann Tweeden claimed to have been groped while sleeping on a flight back from a USO tour in 2006.

“I felt disgusting and violated,” Tweeden wrote in a post on KABC’s website on Nov. 16.

Franken later apologized in a statement saying, “To everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There’s more I want to say, but the first and most important thing — and if it’s the only thing you care to hear, that’s fine — is: I’m sorry.”

In a separate incident, Lindsay Menz came forward claiming that Franke groped her while taking a picture in 2010.

“My husband steps away from us to take the photo. I stand next to Sen. Franken and he pulls me into him and then he moves his hand to my butt,” Menz, 33, told ABC News’ Tom Llamas.

Stephanie Kemplin told CNN she too was groped by Franken on a USO tour, in Kuwait where she was deployed while posing for a picture in 2003.

“When he put his arm around me, he groped my right breast. He kept his hand all the way over on my breast,” Kemplin told CNN. “I remember thinking, ‘Is he going to move his hand? Was it an accident? Was he going to move his hand?’ He never moved his hand.”

Franken Resigned from the Senate on Dec. 7.