• December 3Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra married Nov. 30

• December 3Former President George H.W. dies at 94

New Year, New You

Make+a+list+of+your+resolutions+so+you+can+look+back+and+see+what+you+have+accomplished%21%21+
Back to Article
Back to Article

New Year, New You

Make a list of your resolutions so you can look back and see what you have accomplished!!

palmbeachpost

palmbeachpost

palmbeachpost

With 2018 in full swing, it’s a great time to reflect on and make adjustments to your life and lifestyle. Here are some common new year’s resolutions, along with tips and to keep those resolutions all year.

Get more sleep

Social media, binge watching TV shows and procrastination result in the difficulty of getting the recommended eight hours of sleep each night. Doing these activities earlier in the day will aid better sleep. To trick your body to fall asleep quicker at night, it might sound obvious, but shut off the lights when you would like to go to bed. Lights repress melatonin, which helps your body know when it’s time to sleep and wake up. Going to the bed the same time every night, can also help regulate a healthy sleep schedule.

Hang out with people who really matter

They say the people you surround yourself with are a reflection of yourself. With that said, if the people you are around make you feel unhappy, it is time to reevaluate. Shift to hang out with the people who make you happy, laugh or feel good. Not only is this important for your mental health but also for how others perceive you.

Pick up a hobby

Hobbies can lower your stress levels, boost your brain power and improve your ability to focus. Uptown Art is a fun place to go with friends to paint. To get active, take a hike or bike around Riverbend Park or Johnathan Dickinson. These are all great and easy hobbies to take up in 2018.

Stop procrastinating

Whether it be school, work or chores, procrastination can take over your life and have negative consequences. A great tool to make sure all of your “to-do’s” get accomplished is to plan out your day. Create your own planner and write down everything you need to do along with the time to start each task. At the end of the day, check off each task for a feeling of accomplishment.

Have a positive attitude

Having a positive attitude opens your mind to new possibilities and it can even help you to live longer. Start the new year with a smile, and try to stay optimistic, no matter what happens. Changing your thoughts and focusing on the good are great ways to have a more positive attitude.

Volunteer

You won’t just be benefiting those you help but also you’ll be benefiting yourself. Volunteering can give you a sense of purpose and make you happier. There are plenty of community service projects in Palm Beach County. Jupiter Tequesta Athletic Association (JTAA) is always looking for volunteers for events. At Jupiter High School, Key Club is an organization that provides students with the opportunity to get involved with the community through Run For The pies, Dance Marathon (Children’s Miracle Network) and donation drives.