10 apps to make your school year a success

Gaby Chacon

(From left to right) Seniors Adriana Beltrano, Larissa Holloway and Lilly Grella staying on top of their school game by downloading academic apps.

Technology has simplified several things for Generation Z. One way to put these technological tools to use is finding applications for academic purposes to propel you to success. Here are some student-saving apps:

1.  Palm Beach County School District

The re-designed county mobile app now includes SIS Gateway, the new system replacing Edline, as well as school news, events and information. The SIS Gateway login username is s plus your student number and the password is the last four digits of your student number and your initials in caps followed by the last two digits of your birth year.

2.  Remind

This app is a school communication platform that sends students reminders and information from any specific class, club or organization. Downloading the app won’t even be necessary since you can just text 810-10 with @yourcodehere. Some Jupiter High reminds include @jhswarcry for War Cry, @jupsenior for the class of 2019 and @onetribe2 for One Tribe.

3.  Photomath

This free mobile application allows you to snap a picture of any math problem and answers it instantly, even providing steps on how to solve it. It is available on Google Android and iOS.

4.  Duolingo

This well-known foreign language app provides a fun way to brush up on your skills or learn the basics of a language. It also comes with a “Duolingo for Schools” feature which allows teachers to track their students’ progress on the language course. There is a mobile app and a website.

5. Audible

This audiobook app sells spoken versions of any reading material as well as radio and TV programs. You can get a 30-day free membership trial which includes one free book.

6. Grammarly

This popular grammar checker can be used to perfect any errors in your English papers. The site and app also provide a plagiarism check and vocabulary enhancement.

7. Quizlet

This beloved study app includes flashcards created by students nationwide as well as games to improve your memory on any topic. Master your learning with this free tool.

8. Kahn Academy

With countless educational tools to aid you in any subject area, this site proves a must-have for students. This free online service provides knowledge on everything from math and science to SAT prep to the college application process and beyond. Mobile app also available.

9. SAT: Practice, Prep, Flashcards

This on-the-go SAT study app helps prepare you for the intimidating exam. With professionally written questions similar to the ones on the test, this app is sure to sharpen your skills. A version for the ACT is also available.

10.  Common App

Make your senior stress lessen by creating one application and sending it to multiple universities of your choice through Common App. Saving you money and time, this service is a must-use for the application process. Over 800 colleges are available on the website and mobile app.