• April 15Tiger Woods wins the 2019 Masters Tournament

• April 15No School Friday 4/19

• April 15WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London on U.S. extradition warrant

• April 10JHS Drama puts on Mary Poppins Jr. at 7 p.m. on April 11 & 12 and 2 p.m. on April 13

• April 10SGA Voters Registration April 11 at lunch. Must be 16 and have a government ID

• April 10Yearbooks available for purchase cash or check in room 4-203

• April 10JHS Talent Show May 2

BigHit and JYP Entertainment: two of the several companies to announce new Idol groups for 2019

With 2018 ending on a high note for the Korean music industry, entertainment companies such as BigHit Entertainment and JYP Entertainment announced new groups set to debut for the new year. BigHit teased their new group Tomorrow X Together and JYP teased the debut of their new girl group Itzy.

On Jan.10, BigHit Entertainment revealed the first member of new group Tomorrow X Together (pronounced as Tomorrow by Together), or TXT, with an introduction film for the first member Yeonjun. Other introduction films followed, revealing the other members. The group consists of five members: Soobin, Yeojun, Hueningkai, Taehyun and Beomgyu. The members’ ages range from 16 to 18 years old.

On Jan. 23, BigHit released an introduction film ‘What do you do?’ confirming the five-member line-up for the group after releasing multiple teasers of the individual members.

According to BigHit, the group is described as “a bright and youthful boy band composed of five members, where each member is different from one another, shining in their own way creating synergy,” Tamar Herman of Billboard.com said. “The group comes together under one dream in hopes of building a new tomorrow.”

On Jan. 20, JYP Entertainment announced new girl group Itzy with a prologue film “ITZY? ITZY!” on YouTube. The video shows each member clad in glam or athleisure looks with different props, striking power poses in a classic ‘girl crush’ style. The group consists of five members: Yuna, RyuJin, ChaeRyeong, Lia and YeJi. They each range from ages 16 to18 years old. They will be the first girl group to debut under JYP since the 2015 debut of TWICE.

BigHit is still teasing the debut of TXT. On Jan. 28 at midnight Korean Standard Time, a questioning film was released titled “What do you see?” giving fans a closer look at the 18-year-old leader Soobin. On the official website, another timer has been set leading fans to believe another video will be released.

Neither company has confirmed the official debut date of either group, leaving k-pop fans anxious to see what both groups have to offer.