• May 21‘Game of Thrones’ finale brings a record 19.3 million viewers to HBO

• May 20Golden State Warriors beat Portland Trailblazers 119-117, became second team to compete in NBA finals five consecutive years

• May 20 Chicago police seek suspect in arson attempt at synagogue

• May 20Violent, long-lasting tornadoes threaten Oklahoma, Texas

• May 2016-year-old migrant boy dies in U.S. custody, 5th child to die since December

• May 20May 28- 1st period final exam followed by a full school day with shortened class times

• May 20May 29- Second and third period exams, school day ends at 12 p.m.

• May 20May 30- Fourth and fifth period exams, school day ends at 12 p.m.

• May 20May 31- sixth and seventh period exams, school year ends at 12 p.m.

• May 20Rising seniors wear black on Thursday, May 23 to celebrate becoming the oldest on campus

NFL Conference Championship Games: Were the Saints robbed because of a missed call?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Los Angeles Rams' Nickell Robey-Coleman breaks up a pass intended for New Orleans Saints' Tommylee Lewis during the second half of the NFL football NFC championship game, Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019, in New Orleans. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

AP

AP

AP

On Jan. 20, the final four NFL teams played in the two NFL Conference Championships. The conference championship games are the final two games in the playoffs that decide who will go to the Super Bowl. The final four teams were the Kansas City Chiefs, the New England Patriots, the New Orleans Saints and the Los Angeles Rams.

The Patriots became the new AFC champions by defeating the Chiefs 37-31. The Patriots have been a dynasty since the turn of the century. Most of the reason behind the Patriots’ dynasty is quarterback Tom Brady and head coach Bill Belichick. Brady is considered to be the greatest quarterback of all time, and one of the oldest players in the NFL. Brady, now 41 years old, has sent his team back to the Super Bowl by winning in overtime against a Kansas City team. The Chiefs still could not pull off a win even with the NFL 2018-2019 MVP, Patrick Mahomes

The new NFC champions, the Rams, defeated the Saints 26-23. The Rams are back in the Super Bowl for the first time since 2000, beating quarterback Drew Brees and the Saints, with the help of a controversial missed pass interference call. Saints fans were saying they were robbed, but the Rams still won the game and will advance into the Super Bowl.

“They blew the call,” Saints head coach Sean Payton said.

(Payton said in a post-game interview when asked about the missed call.) Saints wide receiver Tommylee Lewis was trying to catch the ball, but was pass interrupted by a Rams cornerback, Nickell Robey-Coleman.