• April 15Tiger Woods wins the 2019 Masters Tournament

• April 15No School Friday 4/19

• April 15WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London on U.S. extradition warrant

• April 10JHS Drama puts on Mary Poppins Jr. at 7 p.m. on April 11 & 12 and 2 p.m. on April 13

• April 10SGA Voters Registration April 11 at lunch. Must be 16 and have a government ID

• April 10Yearbooks available for purchase cash or check in room 4-203

• April 10JHS Talent Show May 2

No collusion found in Mueller report

Special+Counsel+Robert+Mueller+walks+past+the+White+House.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

No collusion found in Mueller report

Special Counsel Robert Mueller walks past the White House.

Cliff Owen/AP Photo

Cliff Owen/AP Photo

Cliff Owen/AP Photo

On March 22, Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into whether there was interference by the Russian government in the 2016 U.S. presidential election was released with no evidence of any involvement.

“No collusion” is the phrase being thrown around as of late. Collusion, according to Merriam-Webster, means “secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose.” In this case, it refers to whether President Donald Trump was aided in the election process by Russia.

“No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION,” Trump tweeted on March 24.

On the other hand, Attorney General William Barr said it is “unresolved whether the president’s actions and intent could be viewed as obstruction.”

“I believe that once the allegations of collusion came out, the investigation was warranted.  The scope of the investigation went past the initial mandate, and was expanded outside the Russian election influence. This was an overreach by the Special Council, I believe. For the good of the country, yes, it is time to move on,” Mark Skeie, an AP U.S. Government and Politics teacher at Jupiter High, said.

Barr released a four-page summary of the 300-page report, which has raised questions as to what exactly the entirety contains.

Members of the public and the government have called for the Mueller Report to be released completely. The White House has resisted turning over the details, in part due to the finding of no collusion and due to the fear that it would create a national security risk.

“The full report in an un-redacted state should not be released. There are elements of Grand Jury deliberations, processes and decisions that should not be offered to the general public. Once sensitive material has been removed, release it.  The four-page summary was just an initial view by the Attorney General, and never meant to be the final report issued by the [Attorney General],” Skeie said.

“While this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,” Mueller said.

For the time being, however, no criminal charges will be brought against Trump.

This comes as great news to Trump and his supporters, as this investigation has plagued the presidential office for more than two years.

“The Mainstream Media is under fire and being scorned all over the World as being corrupt and FAKE. For two years they pushed the Russian Collusion Delusion when they always knew there was No Collusion. They truly are the Enemy of the People and the Real Opposition Party!” Trump said in a tweet on March 26.

Experts expect Trump to use this win to build credibility in anticipation of the 2020 election.

“Watching the national political posturing, it is interesting that even with the release of the report, Democrats still will not move on. Now, the results of the report are not relevant, because obviously President Trump did collude and obstruct. The longer the division remains, the general public is going to rebel against the lack of work in Congress,” Skeie said.