• April 15Tiger Woods wins the 2019 Masters Tournament

• April 15No School Friday 4/19

• April 15WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London on U.S. extradition warrant

• April 10JHS Drama puts on Mary Poppins Jr. at 7 p.m. on April 11 & 12 and 2 p.m. on April 13

• April 10SGA Voters Registration April 11 at lunch. Must be 16 and have a government ID

• April 10Yearbooks available for purchase cash or check in room 4-203

• April 10JHS Talent Show May 2

Jupiter High School prom was a night to remember!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Samantha Clayman, Emily Fritz, Kayden Layman and Jessica Jaramillo in their prom dresses taking photos at Dubois park.

Sue Fritz

Sue Fritz

Sue Fritz

Jupiter High’s annual prom took place on March 29 at the Wyndham Grand Hotel in Harbourside Place with all the glitz and glamor expected of the grand event.

This year, the class of 2020 decided to hold prom at the Wyndham instead of the Palm Beach County Convention Center, keeping it closer to home and in a smaller venue.

In its own area of the hotel, prom took over three indoor areas, in addition to an outdoor area that allowed attendees to play games like corn hole, air hockey or a giant “Connect Four.”  After students and guests entered, they walked into a small social room where they could mingle and grab finger foods like chicken fingers, chips and dip and French fries. Guests could also snack on sweets, including a well-stocked “candy bar” that featured cookies, M&M’s, gummy worms and starbursts. As well, guests could sample the slushy machine. The other indoor areas featured a dance floor and a photo booth.

“I loved the venue of prom this year and the way it was set up in three different rooms,” senior Emily Sprankle said. “I had a good time hanging out outside with my friends and playing air hockey. The candy bar also had a variety of options to choose from which made for tasty treats throughout the night.”

The DJ, Adonis Real, played dance along songs such as the Cha Cha Slide and the Cupid Shuffle as well as Pop music such as That’s What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. The dance floor was rainbow and took up about a third of the room and was packed with prom attendees the whole night.

Opposite of the dance floor was a photo booth where students could don funky hats and feather boas and take pictures with their friends and dates.

Prior to prom, students decided to treat themselves to a nice dinner at places like Too Bizarre or Ironwood Steakhouse, followed by pictures at scenic areas like the Jupiter Inlet or Dubois Park.

“I went to take pictures with my group at Dubois park so we could get the lighthouse and water in the background. After pictures we went to J Alexanders to eat then headed to prom,” senior Jessica Jaramillo said. “I had a great time at prom but my favorite part of the night was getting all dressed up and taking pictures with my friends.”