D.I.Y Halloween Costumes

Back to Article
Back to Article

D.I.Y Halloween Costumes

Juniors Nicki Christe, Valentina Sarabia, Sophia Gonzales, Coraleigh Clacaterra, Anna Spicer, Anna Spivey, Carly Green and sophomore Will Dugan posing in their fruit

Juniors Nicki Christe, Valentina Sarabia, Sophia Gonzales, Coraleigh Clacaterra, Anna Spicer, Anna Spivey, Carly Green and sophomore Will Dugan posing in their fruit "Do It Yourself" costumes in 2017

Allie Christe

Allie Christe

Allie Christe

Story by: Nicole Christie

With Halloween on Oct. 31 and spooky season right around the corner, an easy way to get into the spirit is D.I.Y costumes.

“When you make your own costume you can also use other parts of costumes you already have, this makes it cost less money and you can make it whatever you want,” junior Eve Ruskin said.

Making your own costume for Halloween has its benefits, like saving money and bonding with friends and family over an original look.

“For Halloween a couple years ago, I was a hippie, [I made it by] tye dying a shirt and cutting the bottoms into strings and putting beads on them,” junior Carly Green said.

Making your own costume is a great way to create exactly what you want, and do it at a low price. You can make anything if you put your mind to it. Such as a costume made from makeup, accessories and even clothes from your closet. Some costume ideas:
Fruits
Mummy
Joker
Sports
If your not  D.I.Y kind of person, there are a multitude of Halloween stores around town. Spirit Halloween in West palm open from 10am to 9pm. Another Halloween store is Halloween Express. It’s located at Downtown At the Gardens and the store hours are 10:00am to 8:30pm. Both these stores have everything you need and more.