1/15 Announcements

MY TEACHER MY HERO AWARD 2019-20 – Students, if you were not able to find the link to the nomination form for My
Hero My Teacher Award. Here is a direct link. https://forms.gle/Hd82auf2GWFVEdgz9 The nominations will be open for
one more day due to this issue. The purpose of the award is to honor outstanding teachers from public and charter high
schools in South Florida who have made a difference in a child’s life through education. Please think about teachers who
have made a difference in your life here at JHS. Then complete the form by choosing one teacher’s name for each
category. This form is to be completed by STUDENTS only.
MEET THE SCIENTIST LECTURE IS Tuesday, January 21 at 7pm. Students are encouraged to attend. Remember, no
backpacks or bags, clear bags only. Also, the March 17th lecture has been cancelled since it is no longer a regular school
day.
WARRIOR PRIDE
CONGRATULATIONS WARRIORS OF THE WEEK LANE MUSZICK AND KARA KRUSBE
CLASS NEWS
AICE RETAKE SIGNUP Students, use this form to register for AICE retake exams for the May/June test series. AICE exam
re-takes fees and sign-up instructions are on the Google form. Deadline is February 14.
https://forms.gle/zeKvkupa7KciMd928
JUNIORS AND SENIORS A college rep. from Florida Gulf Coast University will be on campus Tuesday, February 18, at 9:30
a.m. The rep. from FAU Honors College will be in the Guidance office on January 30 at 8:45am. Sign up in the guidance
office if you would like to attend.
JUNIORS interested in representing JHS in the Annual Girls & Boys State Conference can pick up an application in the
Guidance Office. The Conference allows delegates to participate and familiarize themselves with the process of forming
local, county and state-level governments, plus gain an understanding of how political parties work. JHS Representatives
will receive an all-expenses paid trip to Tallahassee where they will tour the capital and stay on campus at Florida State
University. Each delegate has the opportunity to receive three hours of college credit. See Mrs. DeCabia in guidance
with any further questions.
CLUBS
THE JHS CHRISTIAN CLUBS meets every Thursday at 7:10am in P-3. Receive the Word of Jesus and a munchkin each
Thursday morning.
THE BLOOD DRIVE COMMITTEE will be meeting today (Wed) during lunch in room 7-101 to discuss the upcoming drive!
Hope to see you there!
Jupiter High School HOSA is hosting a community night at Miller’s Ale House from 11am to 2am on Saturday, January
18th. It’s an all-day event! 20% of the profits will support sending students to the state conference in April. If you
support the development of health professionals and love mountain melts come support Jupiter HOSA. Just mention JHS
HOSA to your server!
KEY CLUB Do you need community service hours? Key Club is now accepting a variety of different items for the Quantum
House, a caring and supportive home that lessens the burden for families whose children are receiving treatment in
Palm Beach County for a serious medical condition. The following items are on their wish list: Individual snacks,
Dishwasher pods, Trash Bags, Laundry Detergent, dryer sheets, napkins, paper towels, paper plates, toilet paper and gift
cards to Publix, Target and Costco. Drop off these supplies to Portable 1 to receive your hours and to help the Quantum
House!
NTHS The National Technical Honor Society will have signups for Limestone Creek Tutoring today (Wednesday) after
school in room 4-209.
THE SECME engineering club will begin meetings this Thursday (1/16) after school in room 7-209. If you are interested in
joining, please stop by and see what we are all about. If you have your forms filled out, please bring them with you to
the meeting.
BATTLE OF THE BOOKS TEAMS The online competition will take place in the media center during lunch on Tuesday 1/21.
Please bring your lunch and arrive at the beginning of the period so we have enough time.
PULL TABS for the Ronald McDonald contest are due this Friday (1/17) to Mrs. Lanza in room 4-116 before school and
throughout the day, but not after 7th period. Thank you to all that participated! The winner will be announced next
week. Also club members, the chips are due today (1/15).
KEY CLUB is selling discounted SF Fair tickets until today (1/15) in Mr. Hammett’s P1. 10% of our sales goes directly to
Children’s Miracle Network @ Shands Hospital. ($20 Ride Voucher tickets. $10 Adult Ticket, $7 Senior Tickets, $5
Children Tickets, $99 Mega Saver (4 adult, 2 ride vouchers and $20 food vouchers)
SPORTS
TRYOUTS for Girls Softball begins Monday, January 20 at 9:00AM. Any girl interested can see Coach Ahern in P-3 from
before school through lunch.
GIRLS BASKETBALL The varsity team lost to Palm Beach Central on a buzzer beater 44- to 46. Elliana Manzo led all
scorers with 16 points. Veronica Edwards recorded 13 points and 10 rebounds while Lexi Lynch added 9 points and 5
assists. The lady warriors are 10 and 5 on the season and play home on Thursday at 6:00 vs South Fork.
THERE IS A TRACK Meeting today (Wednesday) after school at the track. Come if you are interested, have been coming
for preseason conditioning or just want to find out more! See Coach Janney or Coach Jefferson in P21 before or after
school or lunchtime.
TENNIS REMINDER Paperwork is due January 16th to Coach Babcock in room 4-212 or Coach Lang in room 4-107.
January 16th is your final day. January 21st is the first day of tryouts.