Daily Announcements 3/11

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2021 PATHFINDER AWARD SEMIFINALISTS This is a prestigious honor, as only the top seniors in Palm Beach and Martin Counties are recognized. Sofia DeLeonardo for Art, Isabella Lantzy for Computer Engineering, Jacob Roman for Foreign Language, Jackson Beecher for Forensics/Speech, Hannah Dickinson for Mathematics, and Gabriel Ortiz for Instrumental Music. Winners will be announced in May in a virtual ceremony. Way to go, Warriors!

CONGRATULATIONS to the Varsity Flag Football team for winning their first game of the season against Palm Beach Lakes 14-0. Mia Delaney and Alexa Shea both scored touchdowns, and Gretchen Duttenhoffer scored an additional two points. They play again tonight against the Lady Panthers of Dwyer High. Best of luck warriors!

AP STUDENTS if you have not yet heard about the expanded AP testing window or new optional testing modes for Spring 2021 testing, then you should visit the “What’s New” section on the JHS website or use the link below to jump right to the resources you need.  All AP testers are defaulted as paper/pencil testers so you only need to complete the Google form if you wish to test digitally.  Please see Ms. Foss in Student Services if you have any questions. https://jhs.palmbeachschools.org/students___parents/a_p_resources

TECH TIPS Students, don’t forget, the Home button on school computers and chromebooks takes you to your portal login page. Also, to print from a chromebook from anywhere at school, choose the CloudPrintHS printer and pick it up from the printer in the Media Center anytime that day. (can someone please send me a screenshot of each)

NAME THE PORTABLES Please choose the set of name you’d prefer for the portables using this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc7SM3pb1isvgkb82lVhP1dUEvxYcIfp2oQI0kW3Uu8c-0tzg/viewform?gxids=7628

CLASS OF 2021 SOCIAL STUDIES HONOR SOCIETY MEMBERS Please remember to pay for your graduation cord on CASHLESS SCHOOLS this week. We will be ordering cords after Spring Break. All active members should have a link on Cashless Schools to purchase the cord.

THE CLASS OF 2024 is asking all students and staff to wear white tomorrow (3/12) to support 9th grader, Hudson Domb, who was involved in a boating accident in January. Warrior on, Hudson!

BOYS VARSITY LACROSSE defeated Palm Beach Gardens  High School 28-0 on Tuesday. TOMORROW, March 12, is Senior night for Boys Lacrosse.  We will honor our Seniors between the JV and Varsity game.  We play The King’s Academy at HOME.  JV game starts at 5pm and Varsity begins at approximately 7:00pm.  All tickets need to be purchased ahead of time. You can purchase tickets at Go Fan https://gofan.co/app/school/FL6428

YOUNG LIBERTARIAN CLUB The 1st Meeting is today (3/11) in Room 4-112 or in the Google Classroom Meet at 3pm. The Google Classroom Code is u5msj4v

IT’S NATIONAL SCHOOL BREAKFAST WEEK “Score Big with School Breakfast”. Come and enjoy the café’s great hospitality and delicious breakfast and remember breakfast is free for all students!

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF THE AWARD-WINNING JOURNALISM PROGRAM AT JUPITER HIGH? If so, email Mrs. Muncy for a yearbook or newspaper application. Both yearbook and newspaper are journalism honors classes. Applications are due Friday, March 26.

PLEASE SUPPORT BEST BUDDIES for their annual Friendship Walk/Drive on Saturday, April 24th at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches.  You can register as a walker or support our team.  Hope to see you there. https://www.bestbuddiesfriendshipwalk.org/palmbeach/

THE CLASS OF 2021 TURF PICTURE Is tomorrow, March 12, at 7:35 a.m. Because of COVID-19 protocols, the picture is limited to on-campus students who will be required to wear masks AT ALL TIMES, social distance for the duration of the picture, and promptly return to class to limit exposure. Seniors also need to wear their senior class shirt and report to their first period class before being dismissed to the football field.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ms. Upstill, Aidan Bayard, Rachel Bulyar, Haley Kimball, Justin Komm, Andy Nguyen, Annastaja Norzea, Faantaja Norzea, Courtney Roker, Cole Thoburn, Carlos Zavala!

HAVE A GREAT DAY WARRIORS!