Breaking News
  • April 29May 31 - Last Day of School For Students
  • April 29May 10 - Senior Sign Out (Seniors Last Day of School)
  • April 32024 Spring Print Edition Coming Soon!
  • December 5Class of 2024 Graduation Date: May 22, 2024 at 8:00 AM at the South Florida Fairgrounds.
  • November 8Read our War Cry Wednesday newsletter!
  • August 29Follow War Cry on Instagram @jupiter.warcry!

Scottie Scheffler dominates PGA Golf Tour

Provided by South Florida PGA Junior Tour

Scottie Scheffler secures his fourth victory this year including a win at the Masters shooting 11 under. Going into his next tournament at The CJ Cup, Scheffler is ranked number one internationally in men’s golf.

[Scheffler’s] consistency to hit good shots is better than anyone else. He leads the tour in almost every category,” Bruce Wasserman, JHS boys golf coach, said. “He rarely misses the fairway and he hits more greens than everyone else. He also is extremely competitive.”

Although he excels in almost every aspect of the sport, Scheffler does need to improve on his putting skills.

“His putting has been his only weakness at points this season. He changed his putter and it seems to have helped improve in that area. Some say if he putts well he can’t be beat,” Wasserman said.

Compared to most professional golfers, Scheffler has a one of a kind swing. Traditional golf swings focus on having balance throughout the whole motion. However, Scheffler has no balance and is considered to have some of the craziest footwork in golf history. 

“I think his swing makes him transfer his weight making him a better ball striker,” William Jun, senior and golfer on JHS golf team, said.

One of Scheffler’s strengths that isn’t talked much about is his relationship and ability to handle the fame and fans he attracts.

“He’s a really nice guy. Some of the other guys on the tour aren’t as nice and won’t talk to the fans. He does all of it,” Tristan Wieland, junior and golfer on JHS golf team, said.

Scheffler shines on the course and many golf fans feel that there is no one better right now.

“I don’t think there is one person that stands out as his biggest competitor,” Wasserman said.

The amount of improvement fans have seen over the last few years from Scheffler is something they hope will continue. 

“What Scottie has accomplished in the last two years does not happen very often. He is a special player,” Wasserman said.