Everything you need to know about this year’s Homecoming Spirit Week

JHS Yearbook Staff

Seniors dressed as senior citizens on generation day of homecoming week 2017.

Jupiter High’s Homecoming week kicks off Oct. 28 with a pep rally at the start of second period. To attend, students need a wristband, be performing at the pep rally or be on a fall sport.

Students are encouraged to wear their class colors on Oct. 28 to start off Spirit Week. Freshmen wear white, sophomores yellow/gold, juniors green and seniors black.

Other dress-up days include “Cowboys versus Aliens” on Oct. 29 and “Generation Day” on Oct. 30, where freshmen dress as babies, sophomores as elementary students, juniors as working class professionals and seniors as senior citizens. Wednesday, Oct. 31, is “Halloween Dress-up Day” but no masks are allowed. Friday, Nov. 1, is “Meme Day.” Students must stay in dress code.

The Homecoming parade will take place Friday, Nov. 1, at 4:30 p.m. It will start at the Town Council Chambers and Daniels Way and end at the Velocity Credit Union Stadium and Field.

The Warrior World Carnival is also on Nov. 1, immediately following the parade, in the Daniel’s Way parking lot. Always a fun time, there will be games, face painting, music and food vendors.

At 6:30 p.m. on Friday, cheer on the Warriors at the Homecoming football game against South Fork High School.

To end the week, dance the night away at the Homecoming dance on Nov. 2 from 8 to 11 p.m. The theme this year is “Warrior World,” based off  Travis Scott’s album “Astroworld.”

Tickets for the dance will be sold in the JHS courtyard during lunch until Nov. 1. Tickets are $20 until Nov. 1 when the ticket price increases to $25. Students will need a valid student ID and a Homecoming contract to buy a ticket. Contracts are available in either room 4-217, Guidance or online at www.jupiterhighschool.org.

Tickets will not be sold at the door of the dance, and students will need their student ID and ticket to get into the dance.