Jupiter High recognizes students for honor roll

In an effort to cultivate and support positive academic behavior on campus, administrators are rewarding certificates and Jupiter Donuts to JHS students who have made the honor roll for the first quarter of the 2021 school year. 

Each grade level is to be rewarded at the start of their first period at 7:30 a.m.. Seniors have been rewarded on Nov. 2, juniors on Nov. 3, sophomores on Nov. 4 and freshmen will be rewarded on Nov. 5.

“We understand this may absorb a bit of class time, but we think it is worthwhile to acknowledge and reward the positive academic behaviors our students are demonstrating each day at JHS,” Coral Daversa, Assistant Principal, said in an email sent to JHS staff.

A list of honor roll students are to be released to teachers at 7:30 a.m..

“I’m very proud of [my students] because it’s not easy to get on the honor roll,” Melanie Jones, AICE Language and Literature teacher, said.

A total of 1,085 students have earned 3.5 GPA in the first quarter, and 465 of those students earned straight A’s.

“These are amazing statistics, and it is clear that our students are achieving academic excellence in the classroom,” Daversa said.

Avery Doty, honor roll senior, said this event made her feel proud of her hard work.

“It was a hard year last year and it was hard to come back from, so it feels nice to be recognized for my hard work,” Doty said.

Students who were not at this event can contact their guidance counselor to receive their certificates.