Jupiter High introduces first ever Met Gala

Mia Risolia

Jupiter High’s official Met Gala poster on display in the Media Center.

Jupiter High School is hosting its inaugural Met Gala event on April 12, 2023, at the Pelican Club in Jupiter for alumni and community members to attend. 

“Alumni, parents and community members of Jupiter Community Senior High School; please help me welcome our new foundation the Warrior Athletic & Arts,” Jupiter High School Athletics Instagram said in the announcement post. “This newly founded foundation will be benefiting students on and off of the field.” 

The Met Gala idea was created after a donation was made to the school this past year. 

“We had a generous donor from the community that made a sizable contribution to our school so we can build a fieldhouse for our athletes,” Dr. Colleen Iannitti, Jupiter High School Principal, said. 

Johnnie Hubbard is the chairperson for the Met Gala event. Alongside the Met Gala work, Hubbard is also on the Warrior Athletic and Arts Foundation board as well as the Executive Director of the Andrea C. Cameron Foundation. 

The event will be held for community members that are aged 21 and above.

Tickets are $350 or [guests] can purchase a table for $5,000 with a round of 10 guests and a company sponsored locker for the field house,” Hubbard said. 

The Warrior Foundation plans on selling tickets for the gala through the school. 

“Tickets can be purchased by sending or dropping off a check to JHS attention to the Booster Club or the Warrior Foundation,” Michele Baxter, Booster Club President and Warrior Foundation President, said. 

Attire for the event will be “semi-formal to formal” for the guests in attendance, similar to the actual Met Gala. 

Many Jupiter natives who have risen to fame will also be in attendance, including Tyler Cameron, who founded the Andrea C. Cameron Foundation, which raises money to help high school students get scholarships for college. 

Matt Bosher and Cody Parkey will be in attendance as well as other alumni, parents and community supporters,” Hubbard said. 

Bosher and Parkey are both Jupiter High School alumni that went on to play in the NFL. 

The gala hopes to raise money to build the “new state-of-the-art Warrior Athletic Field House,” which is set to begin this spring.

“It is going to have a 75-student locker room, it’s going to have a coaches office, it’s going to have showers, bathrooms,” Dr. Iannitti said. 

The new fieldhouse will be built on a small part of the current practice field. The goal is for the fieldhouse to be finished by August, just in time for football season. 

“It’s going to be 3,000 square feet,” Dr. Iannitti said.

Throughout the event, guests will be involved in exciting activities to help raise more money for the fundraiser. 

“We will be having a restaurant gift card wall in addition to a silent and a live action. All proceeds will be going to the Warrior Foundation,” Baxter said. “In addition to enhancing the Field House, Dr. Iannitti has a long wish list for projects to enrich JHS.”

The event is hoping to fundraise money to benefit the foundation’s call of heart. The goal currently stands at $50,000-$100,000. 

“We are still looking for any auction items to be donated in addition to any $100 restaurant gift cards,” Baxter said. “We are truly hoping to make this a very successful event.”

Tickets for the gala can be purchased using this link. For any questions regarding ads, contact Mr. Hubbard at [email protected]. All ads are due by March 20, 2023. 

“We’re really trying to encourage both local business and Jupiter families to attend the gala,” Dr. Iannitti said. “All of the proceeds will go to the foundation and ultimately go to the Fieldhouse, anything in excess would be able to go to other athletic teams or to our arts program.”