Homecoming football game: a victorious night

Warriors take the field on Friday, Nov. 3, at 7 p.m. for the Homecoming Game.

On Nov.3, alumni, staff and students filled the bleachers to support the football team in their last game of the season, hear the announcement of the homecoming king and queen, listen to our nationally-recognized marching band and watch the dance team perform during half time.

“The energy at the game was electric! Everyone was cheering and having a good time and when the final buzzer went off the stands went crazy,” sophomore Cora Gilbert said.

Despite the rain, the homecoming game was a meaningful and celebratory night for the varsity football team. They won their first regular season game in four years and their first homecoming game in over 30 years. The seniors were very emotional about the win.

“The homecoming game was a night I’ll never forget, and we as a team fought tirelessly for something we’ve genuinely earned,” senior Jordan Kleinman said.

During halftime, the dance team performed a routine they have been working on since early Sept.

“During the performance I felt a crazy rush of excitement and a love for dance and all the girls I was dancing with,” freshman Kylie Acevedo said.

After the dance team’s performance, the homecoming court took the field. Seniors Gabriela Gagno and Owen Mildner were crowned king and queen. Junior representatives were Kayden Layman and Lane Libby. Sophomore representatives were Aleks Peeva and Andres Guerra. And freshman representatives were Aurora Murawski and Andrew Italiano.

“As I was crowned on the field I was overwhelmed with shock and excitement. It was really touching to hear the support and family in the stands,” Gagno said.

While the football team was winning their first regular season game in four years, the three-year state champion Spirit of Jupiter marching band were supporting them. The band played the school’s war chant and fight song as well as favorites like ‘Hey Baby.’

“When the [football] team actually won it felt so good to congratulate the seniors on their perseverance by playing our fight song for them,” senior band member Susanna Albright said.