• April 15Tiger Woods wins the 2019 Masters Tournament

• April 15No School Friday 4/19

• April 15WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London on U.S. extradition warrant

• April 10JHS Drama puts on Mary Poppins Jr. at 7 p.m. on April 11 & 12 and 2 p.m. on April 13

• April 10SGA Voters Registration April 11 at lunch. Must be 16 and have a government ID

• April 10Yearbooks available for purchase cash or check in room 4-203

• April 10JHS Talent Show May 2

National Signing Day at Jupiter High

Senior+signees+%28left+to+right%29%3A+David+Colton%2C+Gavin+Scott%2C+Charles+Fishbaugh%2C+Jake+Garland+gathered+in+the+atrium+with+their+families+and+coaches+to+sign+their+National+Letters+of+Intent.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

National Signing Day at Jupiter High

Senior signees (left to right): David Colton, Gavin Scott, Charles Fishbaugh, Jake Garland gathered in the atrium with their families and coaches to sign their National Letters of Intent.

Andy Mook

Andy Mook

Andy Mook

Four of Jupiter High’s student athletes took a step closer to their academic and athletic future on Nov. 14 as they officially signed their National Letters of Intent in Jupiter High School’s atrium.

“Miami just felt like home to me, and they made me feel like I wanted to be there,” senior baseball player Jake Garland said.

Pitcher Garland verbally committed to the University of Miami his sophomore year and is very excited to be attending his “home away from home” after graduation.

“It had been a dream of mine to go division one like my brothers did,” Garland said.

Senior pitcher Gavin Scott has decided to continue his academic and baseball career at Furman University in Greenville, S.C.

“What made me want to go to Furman was that it was going to be my best opportunity to play as a freshman and get the best education at the same time,” Scott said.

Scott verbally committed to Furman in 2017 and is honored to be able to play there as a Paladin.

“It’s really an honor to play division one baseball as not many kids get to play at that level, but also it has been non-stop hard work for many years,” Scott said.

Along with Garland and Scott, senior and pitcher Charles Fishbaugh verbally committed to the University of South Carolina (USC) Upstate in Spartanburg, S.C. in July.

“I’m super excited and can’t wait to see what it will bring to me. Ever since I was young I always wanted to play professional baseball. To be able to commit to a division one school feels like a step in the right direction,” Fishbaugh said. “I mostly look forward to meeting more friends and being able to form a brotherhood throughout my four years there. I feel as if this opportunity was given to me, so I can succeed.”

With his memorable affiliation of his coaches and teammates at Jupiter, Fishbaugh reflected that experience into his decision to choose USC Upstate.

“I saw how the coaches were super into their players and how they want to see all of them succeed to be able to play for a program where the whole program is super close is what I look for in a team,” Fishbaugh said.

Senior David Colton has decided to continue his academic and wrestling career at Drexel University in Philadelphia.

“I chose Drexel University because I love Philadelphia and it’s such a great city to live in. Also, I love their business and sports management program in which I plan to study,” Colton said.

Since Colton was little, he has always wanted to wrestle in college.

“It’s a dream come true. Growing up wanting to be a to be a division one wrestler was a goal of mine when I started. I am just honored and proud I am getting this opportunity,” Colton said.