• May 21‘Game of Thrones’ finale brings a record 19.3 million viewers to HBO

• May 20Golden State Warriors beat Portland Trailblazers 119-117, became second team to compete in NBA finals five consecutive years

• May 20 Chicago police seek suspect in arson attempt at synagogue

• May 20Violent, long-lasting tornadoes threaten Oklahoma, Texas

• May 2016-year-old migrant boy dies in U.S. custody, 5th child to die since December

• May 20May 28- 1st period final exam followed by a full school day with shortened class times

• May 20May 29- Second and third period exams, school day ends at 12 p.m.

• May 20May 30- Fourth and fifth period exams, school day ends at 12 p.m.

• May 20May 31- sixth and seventh period exams, school year ends at 12 p.m.

• May 20Rising seniors wear black on Thursday, May 23 to celebrate becoming the oldest on campus

Mark your calendars, Jupiter High seniors

Back to Article
Back to Article

Seniors stand in the shape of their graduating year on the Jupiter High turf field on Dec. 19.

Hayley Gomez

Hayley Gomez

Hayley Gomez

As senior year comes to a close, there are some important dates and events to put in your calendar to ensure you have a stress-free end to your high school career. Events and activities begin May 7 and continue to graduation on May 21.

Senior Sign-out

All seniors will be given their senior “sign out” sheet on April 29. It is recommended that seniors get signatures from teachers and staff as soon as possible to ensure it is turned in by May 7. If the sheet is not submitted to Guidance by the deadline, seniors will not be cleared to graduate or participate in senior activities.

Senior activities

Activities will begin on May 13. In order to participate, seniors must have all class dues paid, all obligations cleared with Mrs.Cardwell and parking pass turned in. On May 13, Senior Field Day will take place at Jupiter Community Park at 10 a.m. On May 14, there will be ice skating at Skate Zone in West Palm Beach. On May 15, a bowling party will be held at Bowlero in Jupiter. On May 16, seniors will spend the day at Rapids Water Park in West Palm Beach.

Project Graduation

This graduation after-party is sponsored by parent volunteers and will be held at Bowerlo in Jupiter from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. on May 21. The event is free for seniors if they’ve paid all their class dues and have turned in the required agreement form. The night will include food, music, entertainment and a prize giveaway.

MANDATORY Graduation Rehearsal

Graduation rehearsal will be held in the Jupiter High gym at 3 p.m. on May 17. It is extremely important to attend this rehearsal, as it is the only opportunity for seniors to practice for the important ceremony. If seniors do not attend, they will not receive ceremony tickets and will not be allowed to walk in the graduation.

Graduation

The graduation ceremony will take place on May 21 at 9 a.m. at the South Florida Fairgrounds in West Palm Beach. Graduates have to arrive to the venue at 7 a.m. in order to check in and get lined up to walk. It is advised that seniors give themselves about 45 minutes to travel because traffic will be heavy on the highway. On graduation day, seniors need to follow a strict dress code for the ceremony. Failure to follow the dress code will result in not being able to walk in the ceremony. Girls must wear an all-white dress with nude or white dress shoes. Boys must wear dark dress shoes, socks and slacks with a white shirt and tie. Also, students should not bring anything with them into the venue, including cell phones. It is a good idea to have a designated meeting spot planned out to meet family after the ceremony.