Breaking News
  • April 32024 Spring Print Edition Coming Soon!
  • December 5Class of 2024 Graduation Date: May 22, 2024 at 8:00 AM at the South Florida Fairgrounds.
  • November 8Read our War Cry Wednesday newsletter!
  • August 29Follow War Cry on Instagram @jupiter.warcry!

Jupiter bowling starts season strong

Addison Gload

Jupiter High’s bowling team has started their 2023 season ranked first in Palm Beach County.

“[This season], we’re looking to defend both our district and county titles,” Daniel Blasky, boys head coach, said.

Blasky has been coaching the boys for five years now. He grew up bowling and wishes to share his love for the sport by coaching kids that have the same interests he had.

“I’ve been around the block bowling, from collegiate bowling [to] qualifying for the Olympics professionals. I just love giving back to them because bowling is fun. That’s why people do it,” Blasky said. “I just like passing on what I know to them. It’s good, I love teaching people how to bowl.”

Felix Lugo, senior, first started bowling when he was 13, and enters his third year on the bowling team this season. 

“I just like bowling. Ever since my grandparents died during the summer, I adhered to the bowling challenge and vowed to continue bowling and sharing my time with friends and family. I really want to keep doing it. I’m going to look for some colleges to see if they even have a bowling team or not,” Lugo said.

David Anderson, girls head coach, is entering his seventh year coaching the team. He grew up bowling and finds motivation to keep coaching when he sees the girls succeed.

“I’m really optimistic [about the season ahead],” Anderson said. “The more we go through the better they’re getting. So it looks like we’re on pace to actually go to states, hopefully. [The girls] are looking really good so far.”

Breanna Grudinsky, junior, has been the team’s captain since her freshman year.

“[Bowling has] just always been a family thing, it’s been in the family for so long. My grandparents, my mom, my dad and my sister and probably more before [have all been bowlers],” Breanna Grudinsky said. 

Kayla Grudinsky, Breanna’s sister, is a two-time Palm Beach County champion and winner of a district championship as a senior. She was the captain of the girls bowling team when Anderson first started coaching during her high school years. 

“My sister bowled all four years and then Anderson came along her junior or sophomore year. She graduated in 2019,” Breanna Grudinsky said. 

Breanna Grudinsky is confident in the team’s ability this season. 

“We have a really strong group of girls this year. So, we’re all working up to get better. I think next season once we work harder, it will get a lot better,” Breanna Grudinsky said.

View Comments (1)