Breaking News
  • April 32024 Spring Print Edition Coming Soon!
  • December 5Class of 2024 Graduation Date: May 22, 2024 at 8:00 AM at the South Florida Fairgrounds.
  • November 8Read our War Cry Wednesday newsletter!
  • August 29Follow War Cry on Instagram @jupiter.warcry!

Boys soccer starts 2023-24 season strong

Alex+Ordonez%2C+defends+off+Park+Vista+player.+
Shayna Lagos
Alex Ordonez, defends off Park Vista player.

Jupiter High’s boys soccer team began their winter 2023 season with a record of 8-1, leading the 7A D10 district. 

After a strong start to the season in November, the boys have high hopes for the rest of the season. 

“This season has been really good and it’s the best season we’ve had in four years,” Dylan Bruns, junior defender, said. “The team has been better than it ever has been and we’re more disciplined than last year.” 

Bruns believes the underclassmen on varsity this year is adding to the intensity and right mindset needed to have a strong season.

“We have a lot more sophomores this year so we have kids that are fighting for a spot [on the team] and that is making a big difference,” Bruns said.

The team has improved a lot since last year, excelling on both sides of the ball.

“We have a good culture and we’re able to move the ball around, which helps us score goals this year,” Brogan Woeber, junior defender, said. “Our culture has also gotten better with the new kids and atmosphere they’ve brought.”

The team’s only loss was against Boca Raton High, ending in a score of 2-0. 

“Our toughest competitor [has been] Boca just because their level of play is near ours and we didn’t play that good against them,” Noah Briant defender, junior, said. “We need to improve on  communication on the field.”

The boys give Kevin Allahar, head coach, high praise for his coaching and mentoring this year.

“He is a positive critic. He tells you what you’re doing wrong but he does it very positively. He is a great coach,” Bruns said.

With coaching experience under his belt, Allahar has a special passion for the sport and his players. 

“I have been playing all my life and it was very easy to be a coach,” Allahar said.  

The players appreciate Allahar’s attentiveness and guidance. 

“Our coach Allahar is the best coach we could ask for, he’s very understanding and is a very good teacher on the field,” Brennan Sims, senior midfielder, said. 

Harrison Flynn, senior midfielder, enjoys the satisfaction of his hard work paying off in games.

“Doing something you practice and using it in a game is an incredible feeling,” Flynn said. “Making a good play or scoring really makes you have an enduring love for the game.”

Sims is proud to be a part of the team and hopes to win out and make the playoffs.

“As a senior and captain of this team, they’re like my family. I have been with most of these boys for four years and have great relationships with the whole team,” Sims said. “I’m very proud of the boys.”