Warriors of Jupiter: Gianna Granda

Photo provided by Gianna Granda

Gianna Granda, sophomore, is being recognized for her academic and athletic achievements this year. 

In the classroom, Granda stands out as a student and leaves a positive impact on her classmates.

She is very kind and will also help push you to be better. She also has a great sense of humor and can brighten any room.

— Molly Gildea, sophomore

Granda is not only an academic all-star and outstanding student, but she is also an instrumental player on the field. She plays Girls Varsity Flag Football and Girls Varsity Soccer at Jupiter High School. Outside of school, she plays on the 2007 Girls Academy team for the Palm Beach Gardens Predators.

“I love the competitiveness of playing my sports and the aggression. It’s very adrenaline driven and that’s what I strive for,” Granda said. 

Granda is a key player to have on a team because of her ability to understand, learn and play. She scored the winning touchdown in the last 10 seconds of the PowderPuff game for the sophomore team, giving them the ultimate victory.

“She does her job as a player and is always communicating to her teammates, and is always encouraging everyone else,” Gildea said. 

Granda spends a lot of her free time in the gym trying to better her physique, strength, endurance and speed, so that she can be the best player on the field while also being an inspiration to her gym partners. 

“She motivates me to do better, especially when we work out together at the gym,” Ryan Lazarus, sophomore, said. 

Granda is currently taking AP European History, AICE English Language, Chemistry Honors, AICE Travel and Tourism, AICE Global Perspectives, Algebra 2 Honors and Intro to Horticulture 2. She is maintaining A’s and B’s in all of her classes and is in the top 3% of her class.

“She has a very calm, easy, welcome disposition, and she does a really good job at keeping other students focused and on track,” Danielle Steyn, AICE English Language teacher, said. 

Granda is a positive influence both in the classroom and on the field and continues to work hard towards her goals. 

“She’s different from other girls. She is really smart and cares deeply about academics and athletics,” Joseph Granda, her twin brother, said. “And with the schedule she has, it is not easy.”