• Boy bowlers break Jupiter highschool 5-person team record with a score of 1156

• Spirit of Jupiter Marching Band placed 4th place at the Bands of America Alabama Regional Championship

• Proposed hurricane Irma make-up days: Oct. 16, Nov. 3 and Jan. 8

• All sports and clubs info available via Edline in the calendar section

• 2018 yearbooks on sale for $70 at www.yearbookordercenter.com

Where to dine in Jupiter

Katelyn Smallwood enjoys a milkshake at BurgerFi. Photo by Lilly Grella.

Jupiter is full of great restaurants, and Warriors flock to popular spots like Ale House, Duffy’s and Dune Dog. But next time you’re thinking of dining out, try some of these places instead, most of them with a great view of our beautiful, local waterways.

Guanabanas. Their motto is “A Taste of Paradise,” and they live by it. This casual, tropical-themed restaurant is often packed, but it’s worth the wait. It’s an open-air restaurant with live music every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. It has a unique environment that creates a feeling of being on an island with its numerous palm trees, tiki huts and tiki torches. Water lovers can arrive by boat or rent paddle boards or kayaks from the restaurant’s dock (run by Blueline). Locals not only love Guanabanas for its environment but also for its delicious cuisine. They always serve Fresh from Florida seafood, identified by the sun photo on the left of many of the meals, along with half-priced appetizers from 3-6 p.m. daily. Located on busy A1A near Love Street, patrons can choose to valet park or use the lot west of Love Street.

Junior Kayden Layman has been working at Guanabanas for several months and says that “some of the most popular dishes are the Mango Bacon Avocado Salad and the Fish Tacos.”

U-Tiki. Just up the street from Guanabanas, this waterfront restaurant offers the perfect view of the Jupiter Inlet and the iconic Jupiter Lighthouse. It’s the place to dine for a special night out with friends or family. The menu is full of yummy seafood options, flatbreads and sushi, and the restaurant has “beachside” seating or tables under the open-air structure, all of them with a view.

“Their food is so good. They only serve fresh seafood…plus the environment is so pretty, said junior Emily Fritz. “Every time I go I try something new. I really like their fish dip too.”

BurgerFi. Located in popular Harbourside Place, this gourmet burger restaurant is a big hit. Diners can customize their own meal of burgers or hot dogs, including toppings ranging from grilled onions to fried eggs to garlic aioli. The restaurant is also known for its hand-cut fries and delicious milk shakes.

“I really like how you can create your own meal. Plus, it’s so convenient, fast and delicious. The people [there] are really nice too, so that just makes every visit perfect,” said BurgerFi regular, junior Kendall Haworth.

Guacamole Taqueria. If you are looking for a traditional, authentic Mexican restaurant, this is the place to go. It’s a small restaurant hidden in Jupiter Farms off of W. Indiantown Rd., and its menu includes everything from fajitas to carne asada to, of course, freshly-made guacamole.

Trace Dubinski, a senior, has been eating at Guacamole Taqueria for years. “I love Guacamole. I try to go as much as possible,” he said. Dubinski also claims the restaurant’s guacamole and homemade chips are “probably the best in town.”

Texas de Brazil. If you’re willing to venture out of the Jupiter area, try this restaurant; it’s worth the drive, especially if you’re a so-called ‘meatatarian.’ Texas de Brazil is a Brazilian steakhouse in Palm Beach Gardens in the Downtown Mall. It’s only open for dinner, from 5-9 p.m. on weekdays and 5-9:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Each table setting has a coaster with one side red and the other green. While walking around the restaurant, servers carry various displays of meat, from filet mignon to leg of lamb. If your coaster is flipped showing green, servers will rush to your table asking if would like to eat whatever it is that they are holding. As an all-you-can-eat meat restaurant, diners fill up quickly. But the restaurant also has a salad bar, many sides and delicious desserts to choose from.

1 Comment

One Response to “Where to dine in Jupiter”

1. day on September 29th, 2017 11:10 am

These restaurants are so good. Great menus, however, many times their prices might not be compatible with a high school students budget. Particularly when compared to an Ale House or Duffys.

[Reply]

• Where to dine in Jupiter

Dining

A Jupiter favorite closes its doors

• Where to dine in Jupiter

News

Jupiter High partners with Perry J. Cohen Foundation to make environmental legacy

• Where to dine in Jupiter

Sports

Volleyball off to a successful start

• Where to dine in Jupiter

Sports

Coach Tharp leads Warrior football in a new direction

• Where to dine in Jupiter

News

Hundreds mourn missing Tequesta teens two years later

• Where to dine in Jupiter

Features

Tragedy in Charlottesville

• Where to dine in Jupiter

School News

Warrior dance team invited to Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

• Where to dine in Jupiter

Health & Wellness

5 health benefits of going vegan

• Where to dine in Jupiter

Fashion

New school year, new fashion trends

• Where to dine in Jupiter

A&E

Coldplay lights up Hard Rock Stadium with ‘A Head Full of Dreams’ tour

Where to dine in Jupiter