One Tribe United

One Tribe United

One Tribe, Jupiter High’s spirit club, is dedicated to supporting student athletes as they compete against local rivals. Members of the club are often a strong presence at JHS sporting events, but One Tribe is also a mindset. What started as a club has united Jupiter students, faculty, staff and community.

“The purpose of One Tribe is to bring together every student from Jupiter High, and not only cheer on our sports teams and clubs, but more so to come together as a community and have a close-knit family-feel to the school. When we all become one unit, it not only betters our teams and clubs, but betters all the members of One Tribe as people,” said senior Ricky Clark, President of One Tribe.

English teacher John Day took over One Tribe last school year, and he is excited about the spirit club’s new direction, supporting more sports and other on-campus events.

“I love school spirit. I think it’s important for the community as a whole to be involved in as much stuff as possible going on in the community and the school so I enjoy doing that and being involved in different things,” said Day when asked his favorite part about the club.

On Sept. 28, One Tribe will cheer on the Lady Warrior volleyball team and the football team as they both compete against rival Palm Beach Gardens. One Tribe is a big presence at home volleyball games and can often be seen in the gym bleachers wearing all white, all black or green and gold, depending on the opponent or event.

One Tribe is planning on not just going to volleyball games but also supporting other fall sports, like golf, swim and dive, cross country and bowling.

“My favorite part about One Tribe is supporting all of the sports teams and bringing together students that all want to have school spirit. It’s really cool when everyone gets together and we have a student section our schools teams and clubs,” said senior Hannah Halsey, officer of One Tribe.