Breaking News
  • April 32024 Spring Print Edition Coming Soon!
  • December 5Class of 2024 Graduation Date: May 22, 2024 at 8:00 AM at the South Florida Fairgrounds.
  • November 8Read our War Cry Wednesday newsletter!
  • August 29Follow War Cry on Instagram @jupiter.warcry!

Playa Bowls Jupiter: Review

Inside+of+newly+opened+Playa+Bowls+location+in+Jupiter.+
Scarlett Bolt
Inside of newly opened Playa Bowls location in Jupiter.

Opened in 2014 with over 200 stores across the United States, Playa Bowls turned from a food cart into an ever growing franchise giving Floridians a taste of tropical flavors statewide. With the company’s seaside paradise theme, Jupiter is the perfect spot for their first establishment in Palm Beach County.

The idea for Playa Bowls sparked when the two founders, Robert Giulani and Abby Taylor, were surfing the shores of South America where they were first introduced to nutrient rich acai and pitaya owls. Starting as a pop up stand on the boardwalk in New Jersey, the superfruit bowl business’s success gave the founders motivation to develop their company into something bigger. 

The new establishment, located off of Indiantown Road, is three miles away from the nearby beach, Carlin Park, and plays into Jupiter’s coastal aesthetic. Playa Bowls mission is to create high quality, innovative products and support healthier lifestyles while inspiring fun and togetherness through events and social media.

Gia Sheikh, senior and former N.J. resident who frequently visited the pioneer Playa Bowls boardwalk stand, believes the franchise has made an impact on the quality of acai bowls in comparison to other local acai shops.

“It is so much better, the portions are bigger, the fruit is so fresh, the drizzle [honey, nutella, agave…] is everything,” Sheikh said.

Playa Bowls opened their newest establishment in Palm Beach County on Aug. 27. They are open daily from 8am-8pm and get a steady flow of customers throughout the week.  

“Opening day was really good because you got a free shirt and a free bowl. It was very nice inside and they decorated it very well,” Amaya Wilson, senior and employee, said.

The Playa Bowls starting hiring age is 15 years old, and some Jupiter High School students have already begun working there. Many students have expressed their positive experiences with the staff and surroundings.

“I really love all my coworkers, it’s a really fun environment to be in and making the bowls and listening to the music playing in the background really helps,” Olivia Dlabik, sophomore, said.

Overall, the newest Playa Bowls location was very enjoyable. Although the food was pretty pricey, their bowls have great portions and a unique base that created a rich and delicious flavor.  The service I received was great, and the workers made sure to give me everything I needed, including some free stickers. The location itself only adds to the shop’s positive qualities, being in close proximity to most Jupiter inhabitants in a way that it is very convenient and easy to get to. 

Ultimately, it is a great addition to other acai bowl places throughout town and it is an excellent spot to turn to if you’re looking for a fruity snack. I would highly recommend Playa Bowls for quality taste and service.

View Comments (2)