Warriors of Jupiter: Mark Kafer

Kafer+playing+piano+for+the+residents+at+The+Madyson+Assisted+Living+Facility.+

Provided by Interact Club

Kafer playing piano for the residents at The Madyson Assisted Living Facility.

Mark Kafer, junior at Jupiter High, held a dance-off at the last pep rally of the school year between students from all grades. The gym was overwhelmed with cheering and excitement, bringing everyone together one last time.

“[The pep rally] was one of the greatest performances I’ve ever experienced in my life,” Kafer said. “It was a big moment for me to be in front of half the school.

When walking the hallways it is hard to miss Kafer playing his music and interacting with students. 

“I see Mark in the hallways all the time making people laugh and smile,” Parker Gottlieb, sophomore, said. “I was happy to see that he had a chance to perform at the pep rally.” 

Kafer’s outgoing personality and admirable behavior captures the attention of his teachers and the staff on campus. 

“Mark is kind and courteous and is often the first person to offer his input and help,” Aleksandra Cooke, ESE teacher, said. “I have worked with him for three years, and I have not once witnessed his actions or comments to be hurtful or malicious.”

When it comes to activities outside of school, Kafer enjoys volunteering and participating in community service events. He is one of the most active members of the Interact Club, the largest community service club at Jupiter High, and received an award for his continuous and appreciated participation at their last meeting.

“Mark is very helpful [at The Madyson Assisted Living Facility] and is always willing to participate with the residents,” Josephine Buscemi, advisor of the Interact Club, said. “Especially when it comes to the exercise classes because he takes a lead role in trying to get [the residents] to be active.”

Along with volunteering, some of Kafer’s favorite hobbies include music creation and video production.

“In my free time I like to record new songs,” Kafer said. “I love to make and watch Youtube videos.”

The energy and good vibes that Kafer radiates leaves an impact on students and the high school itself. 

“Mark influences our school without even trying by just being himself and doing what he likes to do,” Gottlieb said. 

Kafer’s kindness and character does not go unnoticed by those who he works with because of his incredible ability to handle situations. 

“Mark is one of the most positive students I have ever worked with. No matter the situation,” Cooke said. “Mark always finds a way to use it as a learning experience and looks to the bright side. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for him.”